Starting life in 2003 as a blogging tool, WordPress has evolved into an outstanding content management system (CMS). We now develop nearly all our websites with it because it offers so much flexibility and scalability, but it’s not just for our benefit, our clients love it too!
WordPress Is A Brilliant Content Management System That Has Been Developed With Simplicity And Ease Of Use In Mind. Here Are Our Reasons For Loving WordPress…
- Minimal expense: Many of WordPress’ features are free to use or cheap to purchase. With thousands of free plug-in’s available it is one of the most cost effective content management systems to use.
- User friendly: WordPress has been designed to be used intuitively. Very little training is needed to enable people with no prior web design skills or knowledge to use it fully. Administrators with access to the WordPress CMS are easily able to add pages, blog posts and images themselves without having to rely on their web designer for help.
- Customisable: WordPress is highly customisable in terms of its design and features. Designers have the option of using custom created themes to change how the front end of the website will look. The functionality features of WordPress also allow it to be customised in innumerable ways. For example, calendars, video galleries and social feeds can all be added to a WordPress website using plugins.
- Access anywhere: As a cloud based CMS, WordPress can be accessed in any location as long as the user has access to the internet. This is ideal as it means the website can be updated and managed by almost anyone, anywhere! In addition to this, there are free Apps available for IOS and Android mobile devices.
- Administration: Administrators with access to the CMS can add as many different users as they like and alter the access permissions for each user as required. Especially handy if you have members of staff that will be responsible for maintaining different aspects of the website.
- Good for business: In terms of business use WordPress is a perfect base for your website. Ideal for start-ups and small businesses who require only a simple site and features to begin with, WordPress has unlimited scalability potential. If necessary thousands of pages and products can be added to WordPress without slowing it down.
- Flexible & Portable: As it is open source, WordPress websites are highly portable meaning that you are not tied into a bespoke CMS with your web design agency. With thousands of developers skilled in using it around the world, there will always be somebody to help you develop your website further.
WordPress Works Well In The Search Engines
WordPress is one of the best content management systems in terms of search engine optimisation. Some of the benefits include;
- The ability to alter the permalinks (URL structure) for any post, allowing you to focus on specific keywords.
- The option to add tags to your posts aids search bots in finding internal pages and acts as an extra navigation tool for your users.
- Images added to WordPress can be optimised for, helping Google to index them in its image results pages. This can be done by adding alt and title tags as well as captions.
- One of the best WordPress attributes is its clean code. Code that is correctly formatted and organized is more easily crawled by search bots.
WordPress is a great content management platform that is flexible for both designers, developers and clients. This coupled with it’s resilience, portability and scalability means it’s often the best platform for creating new websites with, at least we think so anyway!